Google’s head of Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Matt Brittin, has publicly apologized after online adverts for major brands appeared next to extremist material, but declined to say whether the company would begin actively seeking out such content and taking action against it. Brittin told the Advertising Week Europe conference in London on March 20 that he wanted to start by saying sorry to the brands affected by this. He said he took the issue very seriously and apologized in the instances where that may have happened. A slew of big-name companies, advertising firms, and government departments have either pulled their adverts from Google and its YouTube video site, or pickup in global growth to 3.4 percent this year and 3.6 percent in 2018, compared to 3.1 percent last year. This is partly due to expectations of more growth-friendly policies in the United States, as well as better outlook for the euro area, the United Kingdom, and Japan. were considering whether to do so. A flurry of questions were raised about how Google allowed adverts for major brands that ended up attached to videos by extremists, including hate preachers and former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke. Experts estimate this could have brought USD310,000 worth of revenue to extremists.